Monday, February 17, 2020

Valentine's Day


For some reason it was never a big deal to me, my family or circle of friends.  It feels funny when I meet people that make such a big deal of Valentine's day.  I don't judge I just wonder why I missed out on all that fun and enthusiasm for the holiday.  It was a big deal in elementary school though because we were allowed to pass those cute cheesy cards to our friends.  I remember our homeroom teacher giving us a box of candy hearts which I tried to make last the rest of the school day.  It never worked.

The receptionist Denise at my physician's office absolutely loved her socks.  A couple of days ago I received this nice card in the mail.






Remember when there were no laptops and we didn't really type letters unless they were long letters or the letter was a professional one.  We use to hand write them in ink with hardly any mistakes.  I promised myself in 2019 to start writing letters in cursive again.  I sent off one a couple weeks ago and my friend loved it.  She told me that writing letters is a lost art.  I hope after writing a few letters that my friends are inspired to "write" me back.


Cursive writing feels good !

A couple of weeks ago Michael's had felt squares on sale.  They regularly sale for $1.29 per square but the sale was 4 squares @$1.00.  Yes ! 



I have been knitting almost every day but I'm not even close to having a finished project.  I started a toddler sock, worked on a tedious cardigan neck and part of a shawl.  There's not much to talk about so far.

.

Hopefully I'll have real knitting to show you soon.





Enjoy Your Week !




1 comment:

Leftycrafter said...

A hand written letter is such an oddity these days. How lovely if you to do this. Hopefully, you will receive some letters in return. I love writing in cursive. I am glad to see public schools in my area bringing it back into the curriculum.

What a sweet thank you from Denise. Bow, that is a knit worthy person.