Friday, January 3, 2020

Crafts and more crafts...


The Conversation in My Head...

what is your true definition of an impulse purchase ?  Is it something that you think you like at that moment so you purchase it ?  Is it buying something because you're in the store and have to buy something ?  The determining factor or me to label an item an impulse buy is whether I keep the item.  In my younger years I was the queen of impulse buying but as time went on I hardly ever impulse but anything.  The reason I'm talking about impulse buying is because after the purchase of these Green Mountain Spinnery yarn I questioned myself.  I was watching a podcast and the hostess made a shawl out of this yarn in the denim color (mine's is the same but the photo looks a bit green).  I said to myself I must have that shawl in that yarn !  I found the yarn then ordered it in pink also then decided that I didn't want the blue yarn in that shawl.  I would find another pattern.  I'm checking myself you see to make sure I didn't slip into an impulse purchase.  Had I purchased the shawl pattern that would have been on impulse but I held back.  I did good because I love this yarn.




Sewing

I have not sewn anything by machine in a very long while.  I went into shock at Joann's Fabrics last week at how much patterns are these days.  There always seems to be a sale though.  The other thing I noticed was how thin the pattern books were and how few books there were.  There just aren't that many patterns to choose from.  I guest there isn't a market for loads of patterns anymore but it sure seems like it.  Seems like everyone is sewing.  Hmmm...


I like these two patterns and would purchase them in case I begin sewing this year.  Very simple and easy pieces.  I'm not crazy about the gray pants though.  Nope.


My granddaughter who is only three is not yet into the 18 inch dolls but I have a plan to start on the wardrobes this year.  I love crafting doll clothes.



Don't laugh but...



I only read 10 books last year.  It was a busy year for me.  Playing it safe I signed into the Goodreads challenge for only 8 books.  Things have shifted positively for my life recently and if all goes well (and it will) I could actually read triple the 8 books because I will have more time to read.  I will continue to play it safe through and log in much less than I can actually read.  I hate writing plans and numbers down then failing.  I don't mind being a chicken about it.  You can laugh now.


Projects in the Works



I have decided to make my first project of 2020 a crochet project.  In terms of needlework the crochet hook came first for me as a teen while knitting came much later.  I was pretty good at it too.  I made mostly scarves, hats and vests but it was easy.  Now I'm a bit crochet-insecure so I don't see too many crochet projects in my future but I will give it a try.  My gauge tends to be wonky (I think so anyway).  I found the cutest little hat for one of my grands that I started this morning.  I just have to to-do some top stitching then I'll post it.  It's sooo cute !

Talk to You soon.


Enjoy your weekend !




2 comments:

Jo said...

I suppose an impulse buy to me is something I see and purchase on the spur of the moment, sometimes I regret it but other times it works out well. I love that yarn, such pretty colours. I'm not on Goodreads, someone asked me recently if I was so I think I'm going to have to check it out.

Unknown said...

Your Affiliate Money Printing Machine is waiting -

And getting it running is as simple as 1--2--3!

Follow the steps below to make money...

STEP 1. Choose affiliate products the system will advertise
STEP 2. Add PUSH BUTTON TRAFFIC (it LITERALLY takes 2 minutes)
STEP 3. Watch the system explode your list and up-sell your affiliate products all by itself!

Are you ready to make money ONLINE???

Click here to make money with the system