Monday, December 30, 2019

The New Year

Fun Stuff

I don't know why but I am really excited about going into 2020.  I have so many thoughts and plans on how I'd like the year to be and how to execute the plans.  I recently went through 8 weeks of physical therapy and man did that make a difference.  I had a great therapist whose enthusiasm carried over to me.  I am no longer afraid of the surgery I had and I will not let it limit me anymore.  In terms of knitting or should I say crafting I want to craft all of the things !  I want to start sewing again and coloring and crocheting and....  You get the point.

I've been ordering and picking up coloring books, puzzles and little crafty kits for months now in anticipation of the new year.  This photo only shows a few of my purchases.  these are small things to bring me extra happiness !



Planners

2020 is in a day or so and I have not decided on a planner yet.  I don't usually have an official planner.  Well I may purchase a small planner but it's never used as a planner but more like a book of budgets and lists that I refer back to when I need it.  A few of the Knitting podcasters that I watch are using planners for their knitting prom so I'm jumping on the band wagon.  I won't be combining my knitting and crafting notes with my life notes though so separate planners it will be.




A lot of knitters/crafters use the Travelers planners.  


I picked up this book at Hobby Lobby.  It's more of a progress keeper though.


Joann Fabrics has big, thick beautiful planners.  They were 50% off last week but I honestly could not figure which one would work for me.  They had loads of stickers for them.  I see people using the stickers but I'm not really feeling them. I can just put a star or a big check mark next to what I've accomplished.  That is what I usually do. 



This planner can be bought online.  It's pretty but mine must be a three-ring binder.  I like the idea of being able to add or subtract my items.

Questions

Do you use a planner ?  
Has it made a difference ?  
Is your life planner combined with your craft planner ?

Knitting

I actually completed all of the projects that I tackled in 2019.  Yes I completed them but posting them is a different story.  Question.  If an item such as a sweater to be blocked over again that sweater is still considered finished right ?

In any case 2020 is upon us.  I'm sending warm wishes, hugs, calm and peace to you and yours for the New Year !


Happy Happy !





2 comments:

Two Cables and a Frapp said...

Yes and Thank You for Visiting !

Jo said...

I've used a Filofax for many years and I couldn't live without it, I have everything in there to do with daily life. I don't tend to use a planner for crafts, I suppose Ravelry is the closest thing to a planner I use for knitting, I list all my projects on there. I journal every day in a Hobonichi, I've journalled on and off for years but I bought the Hobonichi Techo last year, it's only A6 in size and I find its small size has helped me to stay focused and journal every day. Wishing you a happy new year, all the very best for 2020.