Friday, July 1, 2011

Happy Gardening. Happy Knitting

One of my favorite things about my new place is the small plot of land that I've turned into a garden. I had plenty of plants before but they were all potted due to the fact that the dirt at my previous residence was so dense and threaded with roots that I couldn't get the tip of the shovel in even two inches. My garden is right on the front patio where I sit every morning knitting, reading and sipping coffee.


I love purchasing that dried out half dead plant on the clearance rack at Walmart, Lowes or Home Depot. When I bought this rose bush it had only three green stems on it.



I pretty much love all perennials especially the exotics but I have to say that anything from the daisy family or resembling a daisy always makes me smile.




Here are my Becky Shasta Daisy. If you look really close you can see the little smiley faces on the center ! Just kidding.




I ran across this Ice Star Shasta the other day at Lowe's and had to have it.





These tried and true 'Jethro Tull' Coreopsis make me happy too.




Knitting

I've been working on the Annis by Susanna IC. I'm using Sunshine Yarns Sunsilk in the color Mustard Seed. It's a lace weight but a bit thicker than most. It feels really good and is beautiful. I've had fun with the nupps so far. To me they are just a variation of bobbles !?









I really love all of the short rows in the Annis and would love to make another one. I'd like to try it in a worsted next.


Happy Belated !




Happy belated Mother's Day to everyone. Here's a photo of the cake, card and tulips my daughter and son bought me. She just happened to go into the store and purchase my most favorite color tulip. I will have to look up which tulip it is but I had a garden full of them in Michigan when my children were small.



Well, I'm going to bed now. Enjoy your weekend all !

10 comments:

Lupie said...

There is nothing like a garden to destress and add some knitting your all set.

Gale Bulkley said...

What Lupie said. Glad to see you back here.

Caroline said...

I love your "Jethro Tull" coreopsis. Gotta find myself some of those!

JelliDonut said...

You obviously have a green thumb--very nice!

cici said...

Sounds like you have a green thumb indeed♥ Happy Knitting♥

Joansie said...

Beautiful flowers. The daisies made me remember as a child I used to pull out the petals one at a time as I said "He loves me!"...He loves me not."

Anonymous said...

Such a cheery post. I think everyone loves a daisy. I am looking forward to seeing your shawl.

Unknown said...

Hi,

Your flowers are just beautiful! I do admire your green thumb! And I can't wait to see how the sweater turns out.

Eryka

kshotz said...

I am so jealous of your green thumb! What lovely flowers. I admit, I especially love the roses!
Looking forward to seeing your finished knitting too.

Sheila said...

Love your flowers and thanks for the idea of purchasing the half dead plants from the clearance section... will definitely do that the next time. I just walk right past them.

Lol @ look closely & you can see the little smiley faces on the center...

Knitting... need to buy some summer yarn... my needles & crochet hooks are collecting cobwebs...lol