Sunday, December 16, 2007

More Cables in Blue...



I love, love, love this sweater. As you probably know, this is Tahki Stacy's Zara Cabled Tunic. I think the design is pretty ingenious. The downward cables could give a persons torso a more lengthy look and the cables going across could either enhance a chest or take away from a chest. Okay folks, this is just my opinion. There is a lot going on with the design but it's not too fussy for someone of my height (almost 6 feet).


These are the type of projects I dream of doing. A project that uses loads and loads of yarn, some intricacy and a bit of a challenge. With my working all the time though, it would be a miracle if I ever got the chance to complete it. You never know though, perhaps I can fit it in.

4 comments:

Acrylic Knitter said...

I like this sweater also. You are right about the bustline. This may be my next project.

Shameka said...

Although I have seen the sweater in the GAP and in the VS catalog, I think having your own handmade Zara version is the best. It took me many months to finish my Central Park Hoodie, so don't despair. Completing a sweater is definately a possibility. The cables will keep you from being bored. I want to make this too. Check out jimmybeanswool.com for the sale that they have on Zara.$5.50 a skein. I hope you can find a color that you like. I have knit with Zara before, and it is wonderful. Don't doubt yourself, girl. You can do it!!!

Familia HP said...

I am tempted by this sweater, but wonder if I would actually wear it. I have yarn in my stash that would work wonderfully. Hmm . . .

Camille said...

I will keep visiting your blog to see if you decide to do this sweater. Just looking at all those cables and decreases makes me all dizzy (smile)!