Friday, March 20, 2020

Just Hanging Around


The Conversation with My Physician

My original appointment was around the end of February.  I rescheduled for the next week then rescheduled again and again then called to say I would call them when I was coming in.  The receptionist picked up on something when I asked her what were they doing about the patients that cough in the lobby and treatment room.  When I thought about the question later I had to admit that it was a strange one but the receptionist told me the front office staff and nurses were working on getting ahead of the coughing patients.  I didn't know what that meant exactly and didn't ask.  I was just happy to get out of the appointment again.  The next day my physician called to ask how I was doing.  I confessed to him that I had not been outside for almost a month and was afraid to go to his office because someone is always coughing.  There are many nurses and many patients in his building and since my immune system is not the strongest right now I will not be visiting his office.  I apologized about the cancellations.  He told me he didn't care about the cancellations he just wanted to make sure that I was okay and to make sure I had everything I needed because he could have someone pick up whatever I wanted and drop it off.  The man is gold.  He told me that I was being smart and  should continue staying home.  What's really interesting is that he says they are working on cutting back appointments in hopes of having no patients scheduled in the next week or so.  Wow.



I hope the next time I post this coloring page it will be completed.  Ya' know, I think adult coloring is harder than a child coloring.  It's certainly not carefree.  Not for me anyway.  I want as close to perfection as possible and that takes a lo of color planning and patience.


Wip

This week I started a fair isle hat.  It's the Schuyler hat which is not such a popular pattern but it's free, out of worsted yarn and on a size US 7 needle.  The hat has been going fast and smooth.  I'm using the same yarns as I did for my fair isle gloves.  Just testing my patience again...



Well back to my sofa life.  Enjoy your weekend !








5 comments:

Dee said...

The colors of your Schuyler hat are gorgeous.

Stay safe and well my friend. Your doctor is certainly one in a bajillion. While I like my doctor, I can't imagine him making a statement anything like yours.

Hugs,
D

Leftycrafter said...

You have a gem of a Doctor. I am a bit concerned as I have a new patient appt the middle of next month. If this mess is not on the downslope by then I don't know what I will do. I need the appt to get blood pressure meds refilled. Oh what a mess.

Stay well

Jo said...

We should all be staying home as much as we're able, even people showing no signs of having the virus could still be carriers. At least us knitters won't get bored, all those patterns we want to knit.

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Staying home is definitely the best thing. I'm a true homebody so it is not a problem for me. I have so many hobbies and activities to keep me busy. Don't know how people can ever say they are bored. I hope that you continue to be well. Thank you for stopping by my blog. Take care.

Chris said...

I totally agree with you about the coloring!! I don't find it relaxing either--Must.Stay.In.The.Lines. Did I pick the right color?!? LOL!!

Hope you're enjoying some fun knitting and weathering this storm well!