Saturday, March 14, 2020

Fancy Smancy

Somewhat fancy Smancy anyway.  These are for me.  Yes.  I'm claiming them right now.  The fair isle patterns are ideas from various charts.  Again I did not use a pattern so when I reached the thumb insertion I became intimidated and confused.  With that one of my thumbs is a little wonky.  I plan on taking it down and redoing it.  I've been using 12 stitches for each finger but around 15-16 for the thumb which is about 2 or 3 stitches too many.  It makes a difference.  I don't know how soon I'll make another pair but I do know it will be by pattern.  In fact I plan on reading through a few glove patterns for self improvement.




These were done on US 4s with Patons Classic Wool.  The skein was around 219 yards but I used approximately 200 yards.  The contrasting yarn was a scrap from my stash.  I have no idea what it was.


Practice.  Practice.  Practice.



Have a Wonderful weekend !


3 comments:

Leftycrafter said...

Those gloves are fantastic. And done without a pattern. I am so impressed.

Thanks for the attitude adjustment memes.

Jo said...

They're fabulous. I wouldn't know where to start without a pattern.

Dee said...

Those gloves are BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!