Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Plans and an Improvement I

I did not make a lot of socks last year but a few of the pair's had gussets that were a bit tacky looking.  It was all in the way I was picking my stitches up.  I finally took the time and effort to not be in such a hurry.  It made a difference with this pair.  Success so far and it will only get better !

This sock by the way is for the receptionist in my physician's office.  She asked me if I would make her a pair and I could not turn her down.  She has always been sweet to me.  I have seemed her knit-worthy.



I made a shawlette last year and enjoyed it's versatility which made me go into my closet to pull out other shawls and cowls.  They feel so nice and give a completion to whatever outfit I'm wearing if that makes sense.  Wearing shawls and cowls give me the feeling of being hugged all day.

I started with on a shawlette this morning and I can't wait to be hugged by it.




There is quite a bit of garter to this which is wonderful while watching the television.



Have a great week !

5 comments:

Jo said...

It's hard knitting for other people as you never know what they'll make of your creations. It definitely sounds as though the receptionist is knit worthy though otherwise she wouldn't have made the request. I'm sure she'll be thrilled with her lovely socks.

Two Cables and a Frapp said...

Thanks Jo !

Leftycrafter said...

Lovely gusset. Not a hole to be seen and it lays perfectly. I too, love a nice shawl. They do make for lovely accessories and can really help an outfit pop.

Chris said...

Thanks for dropping by my blog! I've enjoyed looking through yours--what a knitter you are, you've inspired me. I especially love your hats. And your grandchildren are adorable!

Unknown said...

If you're looking to lose pounds then you have to start following this totally brand new custom keto plan.

To create this keto diet service, licensed nutritionists, personal trainers, and cooks have united to develop keto meal plans that are useful, painless, economically-efficient, and satisfying.

Since their grand opening in 2019, 100's of clients have already completely transformed their figure and well-being with the benefits a good keto plan can offer.

Speaking of benefits; in this link, you'll discover 8 scientifically-tested ones offered by the keto plan.