Wednesday, December 4, 2019

WIP Wednesday

I'm working on a few planned WIPs.  This one was unexpected as it was requested out of the blue.  My physician hinted that he wanted a scarf.  I'm happy he was not looking at me when he dropped the hint because my jaw dropped and in less than 40 seconds I had in mind which 3 colors from my stash I would use, what style, and approximately how much time I would need.  I knew his project would be started immediately because scarves tend to be pretty long.  I was ready. ~ Now the second part of the story behind this WIP is that I found what I thought was the perfect scarf pattern.  It was a paid for pattern that did not work for me.  I've done cables a gazillion times but the authors directions were not very good.  I think she only had one pattern and not too many Ravelers made it.  This happens sometimes.  So I ended up making my own pattern that is similar to hers but mine makes sense.  It's cables for goodness sakes.  They are time consuming not confusing. The photo with what looks like swatches were start and fails from her pattern. The cables you see that's my pattern.



Happy Crafting to You All !


;-) 

No comments: