Sunday, June 9, 2019

Half way through



June already ? We're about halfway through 2019 and I feel as though I've been cheated out of two or three months.  I just realized that the holidays are only five and six months away. I should seriously think about my holiday knitting and finishing up my WIPs.  I went to Hobby Lobby the other day and ran into an aisle full of fall and Halloween decorations.  I headed over to the Garden Section to pick up a trellis. Guess what ! Not a trellis in sight but there were plenty of holiday wreaths hanging on the wall ! Egads !  Hobby Lobby is notorious for displaying holiday items six months in advance.


Yarn News this weekend

I did receive squishy mail which is always exciting. Two mini-skeins from
Lamb Woman.



A skein from WIP Yarn


Aunt Maggie's Slippers (for me)



This Weekend

I had plans to do some shopping, have a Starbucks with a friend and a little gardening.  Those plans were smashed by the weather. It rained cats and dogs beginning on Friday evening, all day Saturday with drizzles on Sunday.  Saturday was storming hard here and there. We kept receiving flash flood warnings and they closed a few roads near us.  The Saturday rainstorm beat up my garden pretty good.  It bent a few plants and tore down a few. When the water dries up I'll have some cleaning up and staking to do.




Have a Good One !



2 comments:

Dee said...

The mail delivery brought some mighty beautiful yarn.

Jo said...

I can't believe how fast this year's going, I say it every year but each year seems to pass by quicker than the last. Beautiful yarn, I can't wait to see what you make with it.