Wednesday, April 17, 2019

WIP Wednesday

Sweater Drama ! 

I'm happy to say that my case of startitis seems to be over and done.  I had dedicated myself to this sweater and made pretty good progress on it.  I won't be completing it though.  It's okay.  I'm not upset about it.  I cannot remember which yarn this is or what year I purchased it.  The thing is it's an angora blend which my skin doesn't like.  I kept telling myself "I'll finish it and give the sweater away but my skin said no.  While working on it I had a blanket and towel in my lap just to keep the hairs from reaching my thighs.  It didn't matter.  My forearms were red, itchy and some days welted.  I'd done about nine inches of the body and had to force myself to put it away.  I'm actually going to throw the whole thing away.  I've given myself an A for effort.  I will have to choose another sweater pattern.


WIP

Another yarn from my stash is this Cherry Hill Silk Merino Dk.  It's about 325 yards and would make a lovely cowl.  


A cowl pattern will do until I figure out which sweater pattern to work on.


My Gardening World

Things are coming along slowly but surely for my patch of dirt.  I bought a Pincushion flower.  Up north we called them balloon Plants but whatever.  It's a pretty little thing and matches the color scheme.


I spent a lot of time in Atlanta helping my Aunt out then I went under the weather and laid up for almost a week.  I think I over exerted myself seeing as I haven't recuperated from my own illness.  I'm feeling better now.


Enjoy the rest of your week !

3 comments:

Dee said...

Such a shame that the yarn did not work out. It is lovely.

Glad you are feeling better.

karen said...

glad you are feeling better! I had a 'to do' over my noro sock yarn - it wasn't comfortable to knit with since the cotton content was high. Love your garden photos, you have way more than we do up here.

Logan Warner said...

Great blog, I enjoyed reading it