Friday, June 23, 2017

In My Spare time...

I Garden !  This is another happy place in my heart and I'm spreading a little love with this pot.  It's branch cuttings from an abandoned Blue Hydrangea.  I'm going to plant about six or seven for myself and the rest have been promised to a few of my neighbors.  These cuttings are about a week and a half old and are thriving.  Success is on it's way !








How many times have I gone into Walmart and purchased dying plants ?  A dozen times I'm sure.  This one is a Monarda / Bee Balm and I was oh so excited to get it.  You can find Monarda almost anywhere in the Midwest and I had plenty in all colors in my Michigan garden but here in Georgia the plant is a rarity.  The last time I saw Monarda in Georgia was about ten years ago.  This one is a medium pink and wasn't in the worse shape but needed much trimming.  I have trimmed the roots, repotted it, given it fresh dirt and it's on it's way.  



Poor little Monarda !




I've been working on a small square in the yard and have created a new garden.  I thought I'd calculated my spacing but the plants are quite happy had are spreading very fast.  I know a few of them will have to be moved around soon so they don't choke each other.  I am so dreading that.  In any case, besides planning where they will be moved around to I have to deadhead all of my Shasta Daisies and roses.  





My pink Phlox are just beginning to bloom.  I can't wait.  Phlox is one of my favorites.  A gardening buddy of mine a few towns away tells me that her Home Depot is carrying white Phlox.  I will have to make it over that way in the next few days.  White Phlox would be a lovely addition to my Garden.




Well so much for this Gardening issue.  Everyone have a Great Weekend ! 



5 comments:

Sheila said...

Happy planting. The phlox are so daintily pretty.

Sheila said...

Happy planting. The phlox are so daintily pretty.

autumngeisha said...

Love the bright pink Phlox. I will have to try planting some. My hydrangeas are just starting to bloom right now. They are such pretty and easy plants to maintain.

Two Cables and a Frapp said...

Thank You.

Two Cables and a Frapp said...

I have pink and blue Hydrangeas. They are better popular here in Georgia.