Saturday, January 12, 2013

Year 2013 and I am In It to Win It !


Hello everyone and Happy New Year to all of you !  I will not say 2012 was a quick year but December was certainly a speedy month.  It was for me anyway and this may have been because I worked so much.  I actually worked Christmas Eve, Christmas, New Years Eve and New Years.  It’s not as bad as it sounds because I work midnight shifts.
I completed the cowl and hat I’d made for my son for his trip. Everything has been packaged, sent and received.  The cowl was  completed in December but the hat I finished the beginning of January sooooo, my son’s hat is my first FO for 2013. 
The yarn is Lion Brand Wool Ease, which I love for him because it’s machine wash and dry.  There is no pattern because I just cast on and knit what I thought he would like.  Always something simple.  






My Mother’s birthday is in May and I would like to get a head start on a project for her.  I’m thinking of a shawl or sweater.  Before I begin a project for her, I have a friend in Michigan that wants a hat and cowl.  She saw my daughter modeling this one and wants one for herself.  Okay, no  problem.  
 I would really like to knit a few things that are more significant than the hats and cowls I’ve been working on.  Oh, if I could just fit in one sweater this year that would be great.  Please !  I know I am a very busy person but that shouldn’t stop me from taking my knitting up a level. 

I’d like to have another knitting contest also.  I am putting some things together already.  Contests are always fun for the giver and the receiver !



2 comments:

Caroline said...

Your cowl is beautiful and your daughter is beautiful modeling it. I really like cowls, but I've learned that I have to be more careful about the yarn I choose. My last cowl was just too scratchy! Happy New Year!

Kathy at Knitting Off The Grid said...

Your hat and cowl are gorgeous! I'm using Wool Ease right now in a pair of socks for my grandson who's heading off to winter church camp next month.