Wednesday, January 16, 2013

WIP Wednesday


Yes, I’m doing a WIP Wednesday !  Can you believe it ?  Just hang with me.  You know, humor me.  I’m having fun here !

Since my last post I have knitted every single day.  I mean a lot.  Now I don’t really have anything to show for it because I started a somewhat significant project and tore most of it down.   Though I love the yarn and I adore the color I just didn’t like the pattern with the yarn.  I’ll show you photos of that project  in my next post.  I may call it my Tear Down or Ripped Out post.  I’m laughing at these myself.  LOL !

Speaking of ‘tear down’s’, last year I started on a Laurel (Rav link) for a family member.  I was making it in a dark, dark green wool.  It was a really ugly green.  So ugly that I gave it away and I hardly ever give yarn away.  Well the color was boring and I put the hat down for months.  When I picked it up I’d lost my place on the chart (hadn’t marked it) so fine, all I needed was an excuse so I tore it down.  Some days ago I went through my yarn and chose this pretty wine colored Patons Classic Wool and started another Laurel.  I also have another skein of the Patons and I may at some point do a cowl or gloves.  I have no idea who this hat is going to because it’s not for me.  Perhaps it’ll be another holiday gift for 2013.
 
 
I started on my friend Stephanie’s cowl and I hope to complete it soon because I’m really excited about making her a matching hat. 
 
 
Remember it’s in the Lion Brand Wool-Ease in a heather pink.  Don’t laugh but I really love Wool-Ease.  It’s so soft and it doesn’t fight me.  It’s almost the perfect yarn. 
Again, I’m just making up this cowl pattern as I go.  It’s nothing special.  It’s just something to keep the neck warm and protected from the Michigan weather.
 
I Love This...

Here is a new pattern I just discovered on Ravelry.

The pattern is Alpelue (Rav link) by Eline Oftedal.  Isn't it pretty.  It looks like a lot of fair-isle but it really isn't.  This is a very simple chart.  Ooooh if I only had the time !





I like that little teddy bear also.

Enjoy the rest of your week !

No comments: