Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Ongoing...

I have about ¾’s of a snowflake on my Norwegian mitten to complete as well as the thumbs. For this type of mitten, I always save both thumbs for last; it’s sort of like setting aside the largest chocolate chip cookie for last. You’ll get to it in due time.


So far, I am pleased with my mittens. Okay, I love them! This project has made me wake up to see that I should consider carefully what I do with my scrap yarn from now on. Instead of whipping out a simple hat or iPod cover, I will search for more intense projects that require very little yarn. That’s my intention anyway.






I ran into a lot of busy this week and have only had time to knit to just past the heel of my Jaywalker sock. It’s funny, I began the Jaywalkers to get a break from my Norwegian mittens and now I’m taking a break from the Jaywalkers to work on the mittens.



I really like this sock pattern and would like another pair soon, perhaps in a solid yarn but since they are done on #1 dpn’s, I may choose another sock that will complete sooner. Maybe I’ll be able to find a pattern that calls for #3’s. I’m feeling another ‘instant gratification’ knitting mood coming up.

14 comments:

cici said...

Wow.. that is amazing. What an awesome job you've done. I am going to try fair Isle again one of these days

Lupie said...

Love the mitts. My daughter made a pair of Jaywalkers it is a great Pattern.

stitching under oaks said...

great stranding work! I love those Jaywalkers. They are on my list of projects to try. Your talent is abundant. Thanks for stopping by my blog and saying hi!

Gale Bulkley said...

I am glad you decided to stick with the jaywalkers. They are very, very pretty. As for the mittens - lovely.

Knitnut,Karen said...

I left you an award on my blog.

hakucho said...

Your mittens are wonderful!

After knitting socks on such small needles worsted weight yarn seems so fat ;) ....but fast...

happy knitting :)

Kristyn Knits said...

wow! your mittens are beautiful! you're so talented! thanks for visiting and saying hello.

Alison said...

Looking good! I will definitely need some lovely mittens before the next cold season comes around.
Happy knitting-
ali

Knitting Granny said...

I sure like those snowflake mittens! Maybe I should try mittens (again) before cole weather rolls around again...

And the Jaywalkers are beautiful. Maybe I'll try some of them, too.

LINDA BYLSMA said...

I just found your blog and I love it. I think you belong in caffiene land: Washington State.
My dream is a yarn shop, espresso shop combined. Alot of knitting goes on in our espresso shops, but we need more yarn!!!!

Torhild Reidardatter said...

Jaywalkers.. I was thinking of making my self another pair. yours look great- good colors.

Probably Jane said...

I can see why you love those mitts so much - they are beautiful!

Daisymum said...

Are th J walker socks easy to knit? I wish I could finish my first pair of socks. If only there were no more events going on, I could just knit for me!! :)

Beverly said...

You know how fickle mojo is. never has the world known a diva such as mojo.