Friday, May 29, 2020

My Week so far


Knit Therapy

I don't post FOs and WIPs that often but I'm always working on something.  At some point in the day the knitting needles have been in my hands and I have accomplished rows.  Like these socks I completed months ago. I made them then tossed them to the side.  I don't need them I just needed the therapy they provided.  I have a small pile of FOs that simply need to be posted.  Not just posted they need to be presentable and posted.  Measuring  the satisfaction and feeling of accomplishment in regards to making versus posting an object for me the making wins.  

There is no pattern just shortie socks out of mini-skeins.  My daughter has expressed a desire to have them.  She may have them as long as she keeps the promise not to put them in the dryer. 




The Encounter 

I am fortunate to have such a great team of medical personnel to come in and work with me.  I have excellent physical therapists, occupational therapists, LPNs and RNs.  I am impressed and pleased with them all.  Last week I received a call from an aide telling me that she was assigned to visit me.  I wondered what her purpose was because as far as I was concerned I was covered.  I would ask more questions when she arrived.  ~ The aide didn't knock and announce herself instead she knocked and entered.  I was totally unprepared for that which left me scrambling for my face mask.  She had a mask attached to her ears but didn't have it on. "You're suppose to have your mask on." I told her.  The aide then begin to cough and the already alarmed me stared at her.  Then unbelievably after her coughing she pulled her mask down.  Inside I had a fit and asked her why she removed the mask.  The aide looked dumb-founded.  Then I noticed she had no gloves on.  Where are your gloves ? "Oh, I don't wear them in people's homes.". I thanked her for coming then called the hospital and ask that they never, ever send that worker to me again !  My mind put her in a slot of "Those".  You know, those people that refuse to wear masks or wash hands, that hang out in lines shoulder to shoulder as if they don't know what social distancing is.  Yep.  She was one of those.  Bye bye Those !


I don't have a lot planned for the weekend except a bit of reading and organizing a few things.


Enjoy !




3 comments:

steph said...

what a frightening encounter with your aide...so sorry for the stress that caused. some people simply don't 'get it' and never will, but i would have expected better in the healthcare industry. bummer.
like you...i always have something on the needles...and always have a few rows knit every day. when it's done, it's done...never a rush to the finish line!!!
hope your weekend is stress free!

Leftycrafter said...

Oh my....when the worker walked in unannounced,I would have told the worker to leave immediately. How unprofessional. So glad you let the hospital know about her.

Jo said...

Lovely socks, your daughter will be very lucky to have them. What a terrible experience, I think you did the right thing asking the hospital not to send her again, and they should be looking to train her in how to use PPE too.