Monday, December 16, 2019

This Weekend...


I love Saturday / weekend knitting.  There's something about coffee and knitting in the early mornings that adds speed to my needles and gives even a long term project freshness.   The plan this past Saturday was to stay in and work on finishing up my last two holiday gifts but as it happened the brake-warning light had come on a few days ago which meant I had to use part of my Saturday and get my brakes done.  This was a two hour wait out of my Saturday.  Yes.  Lot's of fun.  At least I had my car knitting with me to occupy my time.



A few days ago I went to Snellville to the Hallmark Shoppe.  I had not been to one since living in Michigan.   The Shoppe had a great selection of ornaments, cards, everything.  It was wonderful !  I found two pretty designs that will be addressed and dropped off at the post box on Sunday.  I had good luck at the post office today also.  There were only 7 people ahead of me, the line moved quickly and I got cute stamps.









This pattern is the Roller Brim Baby Hat done in Serenity Sock.  These were made in a day as in-between projects to give me a break from the cable scarf.  The hats served their purpose.  I felt refreshed and was be able to go back to the cables with a new attitude.



The beige on top of the Rolled Brim hats is another Bibbity Baby hat.  







Lately I have been viewing the Jilly at the Knitting Broomstick podcast which is entertaining, fast moving and energizing.  I think Jilly began podcasting in 2016 and I had to start watching from the beginning but I've made it to her 2017 episodes. If I'm not knitting I'm binging on shows or I'm knitting and binging... Jilly is a huge Outlander and Harry Potter fan.  So far on every episode she has spoken about either during her filming.   I knew about Outlander but never considered watching.  Thanks to Holly I am now a fan.  A big fan ! The past week I binged up to season 4.


Well I guess I'll get back to my knitting.  Ttyl !


Enjoy Your Week !

No comments: