Thursday, December 26, 2019

Holiday Gifts 2019

The biggest holiday of the year is over ! Now we can all relax for a while. I had some cooking to do on Christmas but not a lot.  I was able to relax and enjoy myself.  How did your day go ?

I did fairly well with getting all of my gifts completed.  I made eight items total and was able to pull an extra gift (the cabled cowl) from last year to give away.  I made 6 hats a pair of fingerless gloves and this cable scarf for my doctor. It was not hard at all but took up a lot of my knitting time because it was just shy of 70 inches. He was touched and loved the scarf though.  I started my gift knitting July 14, 2019 and if all goes as planned I'd like to begin making gifts in April, 2020.  That way I can take more time to make better quality gifts. It would have been nice to make cowls to go with the hats or to make a couple of fair-isle items such as hats or mittens.  I'm hoping my 2020 would not be as hectic as 2019.  Did you make gifts ? When did you begin and were you able to complete them in time ?  Do you have plans for 2020 to make gifts for family and friends ?








I guess I can take a break from crafting now.  Enjoy the rest of your week !


1 comment:

Jo said...

Such lovely gifts, I'm sure everyone was thrilled with them. I didn't make any gifts this year but I knit socks for everyone one year and I did have to start early, you have to be organised if you're going to get everything finished on time.