Saturday, September 30, 2017

A New KAL and September Socks

Happy October Everyone !


Can you believe it ?  The year is just about over.  The next thing you know we'll be cooking for Thanksgiving and putting up the Christmas tree !  Though I didn't get the chance to post about it in September I worked on a few projects, began a new one and completed my September socks.  I'm still working on holiday gifts in between knitting for myself also.  Speaking of Me I have joined another KAL.  I am in the BT Fall17 KAL.  My chosen pattern is the Huck by Norah Gaughan.  It's all bobbles and cables and I love it.  I'm actually working with the yarn used in the photo which is Brooklyn Tweed's Arbor. 


This hat takes less than two skeins of Arbor.  The colorway is Ranier.  I'm wondering if anyone else has used this yarn yet.  If so, what are your thoughts on it ?






Continuation of the Boxosox2017 ~ September Socks

I've had this pattern  in my queue for a few years and had started them twice before with different yarns.  In comparing a yarn then a contrast yarn I thought the combination would work for me but after the fair-isle I was not satisfied. It seemed like a waste of time and I want to Like my projects when I wear them.  Well this time I've chosen Winners !   


The Pattern is Foare Socks by Sashka Macievich.  Main yarn is Zitron Trekking XXL in colorway #341 Sunset Multi.  Accent yarn is Scot's Swag in colorway Yellow Submarine.  Done on US 2.

















I would definitely do this sock pattern again.  It's an easy-peasy with a little fair-isle.




Again.  Happy knitting everyone and Enjoy Your October !




3 comments:

chrisknits said...

Oh my, that hat! It will be gorgeous. Thanks fir thevkind words in my post! I do believe in Karma, and she is a big Witch!! LOL

Joansie said...

Love, love, love the hat. Brooklyn Tweed is one of my favorites and several years back I taught a class on one of his hats. A week from tomorrow, friends and I are going to a Brooklyn Tweed trunk show at Mon Tricot in Quebec which is about 2 hrs. from home.

Two Cables and a Frapp said...

Thank You for your sincere comment Joan !