Sunday, July 9, 2017

BoxoSoxKal2017 Update

Happy July Everyone !

Well we're just over halfway through the year and through the BoxoSoxKal2017.  Is there anyone else in this KAL ?  I'm having lots of fun and enjoying the challenge.  If anyone had said to me five years ago that I'd be making a pair of socks each month well... I would have laughed in their face.   My plan was to stay a pair of socks ahead but so far I haven't been able to.  I still have time.  I was at six pairs at the sixth month now I'm hoping to squeeze in another pair between July and August.   We'll see.


These are the socks I completed in June.  The pattern is Travel Socks by Diane Lyles.
The yarn is Memories by Knit Picks.  The colorway is Spring Prarie done on US 4s. I had the one skein with 220 yards and wasn't sure if there would be enough so I used left-over Cherry Tree Hill DK for the toes.  I enjoyed making these.  This is an easy-peasy quick sock pattern.


We're already going into the second week of July and I've not chosen a sock pattern yet.  I better get on it !  I'm thinking of something a little less vanilla this time.



Enjoy


5 comments:

Alina said...

This is why I love KALs - they make you push through the challenge and it's always so much fun to share your FOs with fellow knitters! I wish I had more time to commit to them :)

autumngeisha said...

What a colorful bunch of socks! I love the stripey ones that you finished for June. I had lots of fun knitting socks for last year's boxosoxkal but am way behind this year (only 3 pairs). Great job keeping up!

Joansie said...

I need to look into this KAL now that I am retired. You inspire me to knit more socks. My many pairs are now showing signs of wear and I need to replenish my sock drawer.

Two Cables and a Frapp said...

I agree Alina. KALS do push us in a good way.

Two Cables and a Frapp said...

Thank You Autumn Geisha.