Wednesday, March 11, 2020

WIP Wednesday

The gloves I made last week went so fast that I started another pair but this time with just a bit of colorwork.  After this pair I will give the glove making a rest.  I feel pretty confident so the next pair I make will be with a pattern and more of a challenge.  It will take patience but I need to be able to follow a pattern.  I've been having fun with this.






Plans and Improvements III

I am probably the last knitter on earth that had not tried magic loop.  I found it to be interesting but I'm not sure whether it will take the place of my dpns altogether.  I know of more than a few knitters that put down their dpns altogether after trying magic loop.  I'm working on perfecting the method as I had a few rows with ladder like stitches on the end.  It seems faster but I'm not even sure of that.  This may sound strange but dpn knitting is deliberate and spiritual for me so I will more than likely use both methods depending on the yarn and/or pattern I use.  At this point I'm about 35% sold on magic loop.  In time it will grow on me I'm sure.



On to more projects...



Enjoy the rest of your week !






2 comments:

Leftycrafter said...

I started with magic loop and then learned DPNs. I use both methods depending on my mood. I, too, find DPNs, a more meditative knit. Magic loop does not go faster for me yet I do like it when doing two at a time sleeves or socks. Then I know both are the same count lengthwise. Seems you and I want the same 10 things in life lol

Chris said...

The magic loop seems, well, weird to me. Not intuitive. I'm a pretty basic person. I agree that dpn socks are more meditative, I once even wrote a blog post about it! Your new gloves are beautiful and I'm totally impressed. Happy knitting!