Sunday, June 23, 2019

My Happy Weekend !


I've been feeling really good these past couple of weeks.  I'm feeling stronger and have more stamina. Saturday I went to four stores for mulch, flowers, Garden stakes, food... Usually I'm tuckered out but nope not lately.  I added beef, more cheese and egg whites to my diet.  My body is appreciating the protein.  I don't really eat beef but I need it now.  The beans weren't quit giving me the energy I wanted so now I have a two egg-white omelet with cheese, beef, peppers and onions a day.  I have a minimum of two Ensures a day (per my physician's suggestion). Yep.  I'm feeling better.

Summer socks

Remember the yarn from my June 9th post ? I'm making a pair of ankle socks out of them.  Such pretty happy colors.  No pattern.




Summer reading

I finished Then She Was Gone by Lisa Jewell this morning.  I highly recommend this book !  It doesn't just end with a twist but a bunch of twists !  Just when you think you're familiar with most scenarios this book will prove you wrong !  I'm getting excited just thinking about it ! To the author Lisa Jewell, clever clever !



I planted Purple Cone flowers (Echinacea) last year but they did not return.  I'm hoping this bunch will come back and make my garden their home.


Enjoy !



2 comments:

Dee said...

I'm so glad you are feeling better! I'm making some changes to my diet and I hope I have good results energy-wise too.

Your ankle socks are so sweet. They'll make for some HAPPY feet!

autumngeisha said...

Happy to hear that you are feeling better and getting more energy. Eating the right amount of protein can be tricky especially if you are not a big meat eater. My son is the same so I supplement his diet with vitamin b complex. Love the fun colorful yarn pairing that you are using for the ankle socks!