Sunday, July 22, 2012

Through The Fire...

Hello Everyone !  It's been a while I know.  I've been unbelievably busy and not much idle time has come my way.  I've done a couple of courses, been working no less than 47 hours a week and up to 60 hours a week.  Mostly working 12 hours a shift, driving an hour each way but three days on, four off.  I've been working out of town.  Just last week I was working in rural Georgia (only 27 minutes from South Carolina), I've been working in Snellville and close to Atlanta.  Man, I've been busy.  Over the past couple of months I'd considered posting but I wanted my posts to have some quality to them.  I didn't want to do a rush-post.  I will admit that over the past four months I've become addicted to Face Book though.  It's my new pal.  I've neglected my Twitter account quite a bit and post on FB several times a day.   It's been like mini-blogging for me.  So I'm back to blogger today.  I'm not working near the South Carolina border anymore and I'm back on midnights (for now).  Don't be surprised when I leave a comment or two on your blog.  Don't go into shock !  It's only me, Carolyn / Twocables, your old knitting buddy. 

Look !  I completed Socks !!!  Can you believe it ? 

If any of you know my history, you will know that I'm forever starting a pair of socks and hardly ever finishing them so I never even thought about purchasing a set of sock blockers.  Forgive these photos and try not to notice the mosquito marks on my legs.  I am down in the country in Georgia where mosquitoes rule !  I didn't have a pattern for these, can't remember how many stitches I cast on but I did make the ribbed heel.  These are for my daughter, her birthday is August 9th.



Sorry I don't have better photos.  It's tough trying to take photos of your own feet don't you think ?


The yarn is from Hobby Lobby.  It's their Walk Away Sock / Wool Nylon.  It's not a rough yarn at all.  Kind of nice but my daughter and I love the colorway.  I think I did these on #3s (remember, my gauge is always tight) and there are 227 yards per skein.  So, I did two skeins.

I have been knitting here and there but as I said, I'm crazy busy these days and loving it.  I'm off now to visit blogs. 

Enjoy your Sunday Everyone !!!

4 comments:

Melodye said...

Glad to see you back!!!

caknitter said...

Welcome back! The socks look awesome and the color is so pretty. I hope you're surviving the heat and the mosquitoes. Yuck. They hunt me down.
Have a great week!

Kathy at Knitting Off The Grid said...

Love your socks! I always think that socks make the best present of all!

Sheila said...

Hello Ms. Lady and glad to see you posting. You did an a great job on the socks and love the colorway.