Sunday, August 28, 2011

Tea Cozy

I had a busy weekend. I ended up working but was able to take a project along. It's an easy peasy pattern simply called Striped Tea Cozy.

My mom is a real tea drinker and I thought she might like this. I purchased this swirly button from Joann Fabrics. The swirls match the stripes in the cozy. Neat huh.


Only after completing the project did I notice that my letters were skinnier than the designer's photo. I did it as charted but I noticed that her letters are a column thicker. It's okay though, it looks decent. As you can see, I have not blocked this yet.


This is an okay pattern, I don't think I will make another but this project came in handy this weekend and I'm happy to send my Mom another gift.


Pattern: Striped Tea Cozy - Here is the pattern.


Yarn: Patons Classic Wool


Needles: US 7


Positives: Quick and Easy


Negatives: The cozy came out really, really large.


This may be my last small project for a while. I have to make more shawls and there is that sweater I started a while ago. Oh dear. Anyway...


Have a good one !


9 comments:

Sinéad said...

It's gorgeous! I think it turned out great. The colours are lovely and cheerful and the button is perfect!

JelliDonut said...

Adorable! Any mom would love it.

kshotz said...

This looks great! I am a big tea drinker as well....so I am seeing this cozy in my future!

SusanB-knits said...

Very cute tea cozy! I've added this pattern to my list. You can never have too many tea cozies.

kathy b said...

I may have to make one after seeing yours!

Torhild Reidardatter said...

I like your combo of red & white and the button is made for the project.I´m sure your mom will love it.

Caroline said...

It is cute and cozy, the perfect addition for making a tea drinking session even more special. You mom will love it, I'm sure.

Unknown said...

You have a nice blog

PTFE Wire, PTFE Cable, PTFE Sleeve, Floor Heating Cable, Teflon Wire, High Temperature Cables.

caknitter said...

Just checking in to see if everything is okay in your part of the world. Hope to see more fun knits soon. Happy November! :-)