Friday, February 18, 2011

Here's The Thing...

I'm liking the shawl !

The pattern calls for a size 13 needle which I didn't have. I had a 50% off coupon for Michael's crafts and purchased a size 15 thinking that's what I needed. When I looked at the pattern again I just shrugged my shoulders because my gauge is always tight and the needles have a really pointy edge which is good for working with this type of yarn. Besides the yarn being hairy, there are little curly loops so I need a needle that is pointy and sleek. -- It's working.
This project is going really fast but looking at what I have so far I'm sure my mom will love this shawl. It kind of looks like teddy bear hair or french poodle hair but the painted colors make it really pretty. -- This doesn't reflect too much in the photo but take my word for it, it's nice.
So, just thought I'd keep you updated on my mohair shawl adventure.
P.S. Does anyone know, does mohair block okay. I'm feeling a bit queasy about blocking this thing.

6 comments:

Gale Bulkley said...

It should block just fine Carolyn.

Camille said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Camille said...

It is good to know that you are enjoying this project. The colors do resemble water colors.

Herie7 said...

Very pretty colors!

Sinéad said...

Looks great, the colours are lovely. I've never worked with mohair, so have no advice on the blocking, but I see no reason why it wouldn't block out just fine.

At Home Mommy Knits said...

I have no knitting experience with mohair....but it looks beautiful so far ;)