Saturday, June 12, 2010

Body Parts

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Thought I'd put the Diamond Rain Vest down for a day or so to fit in a knitting-quickie. I've had this pattern Bear in a Bag in my folder titled Quick Projects for a while and felt like whipping out a little toy. -- I haven't knitted or crocheted many toys and thought I'd do this pattern since it looks as though it would knit up quicker than a hat.



The yarn chosen from my stash is Jamieson's 2Ply Spindrift. What you see in the photo above are two arms, the body and head (one piece) and on the needles is the leg. This pattern would fit into the easy-peasy category. The directions are very simple and are pretty open ended. Direction wise, there is a lot missing.

The body and head are a long rectangle and there is no neck shaping. I guess after knitting up the sweater for the bear, the ribbed collar from the sweater provides the neck shaping ? I guess ?

I plan on shaping the neck somehow and perhaps the body a little since I'm making this a girl bear. I've already added shoes and socks. I'm thinking of a skirt and top instead of the sweater.

We'll see what I come up with.

2 comments:

Joansie said...

Looks like a fun knit. Can't wait to see it on "Teddy"

Camille said...

Looks easy enough for me to do. I need a basic toy pattern for an upcoming shower.