There is a slight change in the sky, air and a few of my plants are beginning to die back. I’m no longer running the air all day. It goes on at 12-1pm and off at 6-7:30pm depending.
I knit for winter months all year long but when fall hits wools and bulky knitting is totally justified. I surprised myself this summer by not knitting a summer top. I usually do. I did find the cutest pattern on Ravelry a few days ago. She is called Posey by KrisKnits. It’s an adorable pin cushion that can be made in less than a day. I am dedicating this cute little flower to the summer of 2009.
A Really Simple Pie Recipe
Preheat your oven at 350 degrees.
You will need;
· 1 baked pie shell (If I don’t have time to make a crust, or if this pie is not for guests, I use the graham cracker crust right out of the package).
· 1 can sweetened condensed milk: 15 ounces
· 1 tablespoon grated Key lime rind
· ½ cup Key lime juice (about 20-22 limes) I squeeze about 5-7 more because I like my pie to taste really key limey. (Key lime juice can be purchased already squeezed. I have never seen or used it).
· ¼ teaspoon salt
· 2 slightly beaten egg yolks
· keep your egg whites to the side if you want a meringue
Now mix all of these ingredients together well and pour into the baked crust.
If You Want a Meringue on your Pie;
Beat your 2 egg whites until stiff (not dry, stiff) add 2 tablespoons of sugar as you go.
Cover your mixture with this meringue and bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until the meringue tips are lightly brown.
As you can see, I don’t add meringue to my pie nor do I add green food coloring.
Garnish as you like and enjoy!