Sunday, December 7, 2008

Is It Too Soon...

to say Happy Holidays to Everyone ? Well, I have to sooooo...


Happy Holidays to Everyone !!!


Oh, my life. What can I say ? Sometimes things just go against my plans. Sometimes for the positive, sometimes for the negative.

I had really nice pictures of my Raspberry (you know the one. The little purse that I should have finished with ages ago. You remember, I just kept talking about it and talking about it and hadn't completed it. Yeah, that's the one.) Anyway, I recently purchased a new SD card for my camera and in my excitement I've misplaced it. The Raspberry pictures were on the old card which is somewhere in the house.
I know, I know, why didn't I take new pictures of the purse you ask ? I have an explanation for that also. I was not wearing my thinking cap today.

Okay, on to another unexpected change. In the next few days or week, I will be going up to Michigan to help my Mom out with somethings. I'm overdue on visiting my Michigan FAM anyway.
also...

Mi estimado uno is finally taking time off to vacation with me.
YEAH !!!
I mean, I am pleased about this one.
Knitting...
I would not let myself post today without at least one knitting related picture so, here are pictures of my latest FO.
These are the "In a Twist Wristwarmers" by Claire Crompton. I needed another stash buster so I grabbed more of my Knit Picks 'Wool of the Andes' in the Ice Lake Heather. This project is quick, very easy and a lot of fun. I felt a tad guilty because I had vowed to knit only gifts for others in the month of December but what the heck, it only took a couple of days.















I have to make another two pairs after holiday for family members. My daughter and cousin saw these and loved them.
Okay, I'm leaving blog land for now. I hope to post again soon (January perhaps).
Enjoy !!!

10 comments:

Camille said...

Girl, where have you been ? I have been calling you. So, Mr. D is really stepping away from his 9 to 5 !!! Where are you two going ? Those mitts are really nice. Perhaps I too will receive a pair.

Gale Bulkley said...

Nice mitts! And even nicer is that you've managed to get your Mr. D to go with you. Very, very nice. Have a good time and see you in January.

urbanknitrix said...

Hapyy Holidays to you too!!! A whole month geez. Have fun girl. I love those hand warmers, I am thinking about making some for my two coworkers, it gets kinda cold in our office.

Enjoy your time off!!

Thomabulous said...

The mitts are pretty! :-)
I really like the cabling...and the yarn. I bet if you knitted the koolhaas, you'd be finished way before me, with your crazy fast cabling.
Can I go until January without reading another post? I guess I can. We'll cut up at work.

Anonymous said...

Very nice mitts! You deserve to knit something for yourself since you're being so generous (unlike me, lol). Have a safe trip & "see" you when you get back.

No mas Tenured said...

Esto es gracioso y me hace pienso de mi marido y I. Sólo él dice que soy el trabajoadicto. Sus mitones de fingerless son muy agradables. Pensé que usted acaba de lanzar en para ésos. ¡Usted es rápido!!!

Torhild Reidardatter said...

Got the book! got alot of yarn! But have no time to knit. when gift knitting is over I have time.
Yours are beautiful

digitam said...

Happy holidays to you, too! I love the little mitts. They came out nice and the yarn is pretty, too. Good for you for knitting for others this month. I think I'm going to take a break from that and make stuff for myself for a change. I am making one hand knit gift this year and that's it.

ann said...

I like, I like! You and Mr. D have fun ! Try and take pictures this time, okay (smile) !

Deborah said...

those mitts are wonderful!