Friday, October 3, 2008

Moving Forward...

First off, thanks to all of you for the wonderful comments regarding my (missing) camera. I've found a nicer camera and will make my purchase when it goes on sale.


For now, I will only talk about the few projects I've completed and am still working on.

Here they are;

  • Smariek's Shadow Scarf in Berroco's Pure Merino. Completed.
  • The Debbie Bliss Cable and Bobble Scarf in Patons Classic Wool Merino seen here on the cover of her book. It's an amazing 97+ inches long. This is completed and was lots of fun.



  • I am working on a multi colored wool/cashmere Irish Hiking Scarf. This is an easy-as-pie pattern. I'm using up left over skeins in spring/ice cream like colors of mint green, lilac, yellow, light blue and orange sherbet. I could not decide at first which order to place these colors. I will have to check but I think I went; lilac, blue, mint green, orange, yellow.

  • I recently purchased Knitpicks Wool of the Andes Yarn in Lake Ice Heather and Cobblestone Heather. I have the intention of making a cowl with the Lake Ice and a sweater with the Cobblestone.







I am in the mood for lots of cables or just a few really big ones. I will probably turn to two of my pals Ms. Bliss or Ms. Zimmerman for a pattern choice.






I have to say, I usually have a pattern in mind first. This should be interesting.

5 comments:

Gale Bulkley said...

I am partial to the hoodie. Love the cables and the zip. And the snuggly hood. Oh that hood.

You've managed to finish a lot of things. It will be nice to see them.

hakucho said...

Good luck with all your projects...and I'll keep my fingers crossed that your camera goes on sale SOON :)

Camille said...

I really like the scarves that Smariek designs. Hopefully, sometime this year I will get to make one.

cathy said...

The other two sweaters are beautiful, but that hoodie really looks like fun to knit!

knititch said...

oh i would love a better camera too. lots of good knitting choices.