The side cables are what I would call 'clever'. They are worked in a way that shapes them into a vertical triangle. It's almost completely square and flat on the top and bottom. This is a first for me. They are not difficult (no cable really is) but since you have to work it like this;
Row 3: P2, sl 4 sts to cn and hold in FRONT,
k2, sl the 2 purl sts from cn back to LH needle, move cn to BACK of work;
p2 from LH needle, k2 from cn, then p2.
I had to pull out my cable needle for the first five cables. I have not used a cable needle for almost a year. I kept trying the cable without the cable needle just to see if I could. Finally, I was able to complete the cable without the needle. It was still a bit tricky.
The middle cable panel is pretty standard.
I tried a few stitches to replace the ugly one and settled on the seed/moss. As Beate commented in my earlier post about how a stitch may NOT compliment a particular yarn (not verbatim), she is so right. The stitch provided by Berroco does not compliment my yarn. Also, I'm partial to the seed/moss stitch.
I was up earlier than usual this morning (around 4:12am). Why, I don't know. In any case, I started another baby sweater that will be completed either this evening or Sunday morning.
Back to the Raspberry...
I have decided to make my raspberry swatch into the Yarn Girls "Becoming the Bag Lady Purse".
The pattern calls for an I-cord handle (no thank you !). I decided to try my own strap. It goes like this;
purl, purl, knit 6, purl, purl
knit, knit, purl 6, knit, knit
purl, purl, kn...
You get the idea.
I have to shop around for a lining and a button.