Monday, April 7, 2008

My Malabrigo Birthday !!!











Last week I received my Malabrigo Birthday Gift from VY of So Knit Picky. All I'll say is YES, I'm a happy girl. My yarn is beautiful. Vy picked the Bobby Blue Worsted which is a combination of blues/aqua's. It's so pretty. You can't go wrong with this color.


Even before VY mailed my package off, I had in mind to order extra so I could make a significant project. When I saw the yarn, I just couldn't wait to cast on and knit and knit. I thought I would knit up a two cable square to post at the very top of my blog page. That little square didn't satisfy my need to knit up this Malabrigo.

I searched and searched for a pattern that called for a bit less than the two skeins. Found one !!! It is just a simple vest, a quick-knit. I shopped for the perfect buttons,knitted 90% of it, blocked, sewed the shoulders and pinned it together to take these pictures. I held off putting the shawl collar and shoulder bands because I've ordered another skein to either knit up a matching hat or scarf.

Oh, what fun !!!


Here is the front and back of my vest.
Another thing, my yarn was wrapped beautifully. Pink tissue paper, nice card and Godiva Chocolates. Thank you again VY. You are a real class act.

15 comments:

Camille said...

Lucky you. The yarn IS beautiful. I really like the vest pattern you have chosen. Haven't had Godiva in a while.

Unknown said...

Niiice !!!

Alicia said...

The yarn and the vest are beautiful!

Virtuous said...

GREAT package!! You knows I lurves that Mal!! ;op

And OMGosh you are FAST!!!!!

Can't wait to see you model your vest!

Happy Belated Birthday Gurl!!

cici said...

wow your fast.nice.. Malibrigo is to die for. Happy belated Birthday... Maybe you could do the CPH nexthint hint)...

soknitpicky said...

Whoa, you are fast!! I'm so glad you liked it :-)

QueenDBW said...

Happy Belated Birthday!! Great present and you chose a great project!! Can't wait to see the finished result.

Des

LizKnits said...

Love that malabrigo... the vest turned out great!

La Cabeza Grande said...

What a fabulous way to ring in your birthday. I see you're making quick work of the vest, too. Happy Belated Birthday!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday! The vest is going to be a beauty!

Phyllis T. of Knitgirlll06 said...

Happy Belated Birthday and thanks for stopping by to see what's going on my page.

cathy said...

Malabrigo is so soft and lovely; bet that vest feels nice! Enjoyed your post about Cafe du Monde; I'd love some beignets right about now. :)

vtwopoint5 said...

Malibrigo that's blue - wow, you can't get much better than that! The vest is lovely.

Linda said...

Thats great yarn and the vest is good too.

Lucie said...

Thanks for your kind words. Chocolate and beautiful yarn are a wonderful present.